At Marks Elder Law we remain committed to serving you and meeting your legal needs promptly – more than ever in these demanding times. Our office is again open for any work that can’t be effectively done remotely, including meeting with clients (though we still use videoconferencing, phone and email as well)
Having up-to-date estate planning arrangements in the form of Powers of Attorney and Wills, at least, is crucial to peace of mind as well as actual preparedness. You may benefit from taking your planning a step further with a Revocable Trust, and some families absolutely need Special Needs Trust type planning for any family member with a disability.
If you are headed toward expensive long-term care such as in a nursing home, you must seek expert advice to protect yourself, your assets and your family. With the right advice, long-term care patients and their families get a much, much better bottom line result. We can help you protect your assets.
Finally, if a loved one has died, we also provide expert assistance to help you wind up their affairs and administer their estate. These are some ways in which we at MARKS ELDER LAW may be able to help you. Please keep reading, and call or email today.
Leslie A. Dutchcot
Leslie A. Dutchcot has been a practicing attorney since 2000. After graduating from the Duquesne University School of Law Evening program in 2000, she began her legal career in Monroe County, Pennsylvania, first as a law clerk to the President Judge, Hon. Ronald E. Vican, then as an assistant district attorney until 2003. Upon relocating to Centre County, Pennsylvania, Leslie focused on her private practice and was elected as a Magisterial District Judge in 2007. In 2015, Leslie returned to Allegheny County where she worked as a fiduciary advisor with PNC Wealth Management until returning to private practice with our firm.
- Duquesne University School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Juris Doctor - 2000
- Honors: Phi Delta Phi Legal Fraternity
- University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Bachelor of Arts - 1996
- Major: Political Science
- Pennsylvania, 2000
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania, 2006
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit, 2007
- Patton Township Business Association Excellence Award, 2011
- Pennsylvania Bar Association Everyday Leader Award, 2006
- State College Jaycees Lawyer of the Year, 2005
- Neighborhood Legal Services, Board
- Duquesne University Law Alumni Association, Board of Governors
- Volunteer Lawyer for the Arts, Greater Pittsburgh Arts Council, 2017 to present
- Senior Pet and Animal Rescue, (SPAAR) Volunteer, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 2016 to Present
- Leadership Centre County, Class of 2005
- Allegheny County Bar Association Women in the Law Division, Council Member 2016 to present
- Allegheny County Bar Association Arts and Law Committee, Vice-Chair 2018-2020
- Allegheny County Bar Association Probate and Trust Section, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association